Established in 1792 and in continuous operation for 220 years, the porcelain factory in Horní Slavkov (Austerlitz) was the oldest in the Bohemian lands. Its founder was Georg Paulus; and in the second decade of the 19th century the factory was granted the privilege to produce white porcelain goods. In 1867, Georg Haas and Johann Czjzek took over its management, and the factory subsequently gained worldwide fame which lasted until 1945. Porcelain from Slavkov found its way to Buckingham Palace on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee of Elizabeth II, and the Louis Sophie vase (adorned with motifs of St. John of Nepomuk) made there was presented to Pope John Paul II. Slavkov porcelain was also used on formal occasions in the rooms of Prague Castle or during the presidency of Václav Havel.